As a teacher for over 29 years in the Texas public school system, Jody has proven she knows how to turn kids on to science. She has been described as a “compact bundle of energy” and has been recognized many times for innovative teaching strategies highlighted by:
- Outstanding Science Teaching Award from the Science Teachers Association of Texas. (1994)
- Disney’s American Teacher Award — Creativity in Teaching the Sciences, Middle School. (1999)
- The Vincent J. Marteka Jr. Award for Creative Science Teaching from National Middle Level Science Teachers Association. (2004)
- The Marva Collins Teaching Excellence Award – Teacher of the Year.
- Distinguished Alumna of Texas State University from Texas State Alumni Association.
Jody is a firm believer that teachers who love teaching, teach children who love learning.
It is Jody’s pleasure to share her innovative, classroom-tested, wearable projects in hands-on workshops guiding teachers through the process of using wearables to reinforce specific science concepts.
If you would like more information about Jody’s hands-on workshops, or just have a question or comment, you can email her at email@example.com.